Agile Playbook: Scrum Master Tasks
The Scrum Master is one of the three roles in Scrum. The main tasks of a Scrum Master are to
- promote and support Scrum, so to help everyone to understand the Scrum theory, practices, roles and values.
- And the Scrum Master is a servant leader for the Scrum Team.
These are the main tasks of a SM, so how does he or she work?
The Scrum Master supports and coaches the Product Owner:
- he or she ensures that the scope, the goal etc. is clear for everyone
- the Scrum Master coaches the PO how to effectively manage the backlog and
- how to practice agility.
The Scrum Master supports and coaches the development team:
- he or she coaches the team self-organization and cross-functionality
- the Scrum Master helps the team to remove impediments and of course,
- the Scrum Master is coaching Scrum
The Scrum Master supports and coaches the organization:
- he or she is leading and coaching Scrum,
- helping employees to understand Scrum and
- he or she is working with other Scrum Masters
So the Scrum Master is a
- Sparring Partner for the Product Owner,
- Team Coach for the team and a
- Change Agent for the organization.
How does the Scrum Master enable High PerformanceTeams?
The Scrum Master enables High Performance Teams by:
- taking care about everyone being at his or her best,
- understanding the whole team and every individual,
- taking care of
the team dynamics,
- creating an atmosphere that is positive and productive,
- solving conflicts and
- the Scrum Master is also in charge for protecting the team.
Ideas, wishes, input?
Drop me a line: